Juice it up!
Like many people I know, every once in a while, I too get a little obsessed about wanting to lose weight. Not that I do anything seriously about that – except try a tip or two, usually half-heartedly. I do like to think that I only need to tone up – and this has been endorsed by a few friends, God bless them and keep them healthy!
But jokes apart, there is something I’d really like to share on this front, that I think is at least a wee bit responsible for keeping me in shape. (I have a friend who argues that “round” is a shape – but we don’t want to get technical here!). I am talking about a shape that has a distinct waist
Okay – so a nutritious breakfast helps tremendously. Also, eating smaller meals four or five times a day rather than the big three (breakfast/lunch/dinner) makes a lot of sense with the metabolism. One of my favorite ways to stave off hunger is through juice. (Yes, sometimes I yearn for an extra cup of coffee – but that’s another story!)
I want to share with you a few healthy juices that have some terrific benefits. Try at least a few – you won’t regret it. These are combos – and all the individual ingredients are easily available. The only effort it takes – is to make them – although some brands do sell the No Sugar combinations, if you like those. Nothing like the natural stuff, though. Here we go:
- Carrot + Ginger + Apple = This energizes your system while cleansing it.
- Apple + Cucumber + Celery = This reduces cholesterol, gets rid of a tummy upset and headache and prevents cancer.
- Tomato + Carrot + Apple = Good for getting rid of bad breath and promotes healthy complexion.
- Bitter gourd + Apple + Milk = Drives away bad breath and brings down body heat.
- Orange + Ginger + Cucumber = Great for better skin texture and reducing body heat.
- Pineapple + Apple + Watermelon = Gets rid of excess body salts, keeps your bladder and kidney healthy.
- Apple + Cucumber + Kiwi = improves complexion
- Pear + Banana = brings down body sugar levels
- Carrot + Apple + Pear + Mango = Reduce body heat, fight toxicity, lower blood pressure.
- Honeydew + Grape + Watermelon + Milk = Improve cell function with their rich vitamin C and vitamin B2 content, building the immune system
- Papaya + Pineapple + Milk = Promotes great skin and metabolism with the rich vitamin C, E and Iron content.
- Banana + Pineapple + Milk = Prevents constipation, is rich in vitamins
Quite some unusual combination’s, eh? Apparently they work. I cheat by going only for carrot or apple or pear or banana – as fruits, simply because it is too much work to extract the juice out of them. But I guess that’s okay too J
Let me know how it goes for you.
(Yes, am working on those “easy” facials and will post them on Tuesday! Works for men and women – so don’t call me biased!)