A lazy weekend and suddenly you feel to the urge to have something hot and crispy, you child comes back from school and demands a snack, you find sudden guest knocking your door and you want to make something? Here is a quick recipe everyone would love to bite. But wait it is an instant recipe provided you have idly batter ready at home. You have it ? Well, then time to treat yourself and your family with a quick , crunchy and tasty snack.
- Idly batter – 2 measures
- Rice flour – Half measure.
- Channa dal (kadalai parupu) – Quarter measure
- Onion – 2 big
- Green chilly – as per taste
- Red chilly powder – as per taste
- Curry leaves – 8-10 leaves
- Salt – as per taste
- Asafoetida powder – a pinch
- Baking soda (optional) – a pinch
Step 1: Mix Idly batter and Rice flour (ratio of 2 : 0.5) along with other ingredients. Make the dough to a thick consistency (like you make for roti or poori)
Step 2: Keep the mixed dough aside and heat the cooking oil in a pan.
Step 3: Make small balls of the dough with your fingers and fry it golden brown.
Step 4: Crispy, tasty instant vada is ready to relish.