Ginger Chai – not just for reading pleasure
Gingerchai is not just a great website. There’s more to it besides fabulous content.
Ginger is a proven remedy for mild indigestion. And Gingerchai is great for a stomach upset. Ginger beer and ginger ale are also useful, even though the ginger content is less in these than in tea.
You all probably remember childhood stomach aches (and adult ones too). Did your parents’ remedy for stomach aches include using ginger? If yes, they were doing you a big favor.
To make ginger tea (I mean Gingerchai):
- Just add some peeled and thinly sliced fresh ginger root to boiling water.
- Simmer the mixture for around 15-20 minutes.
- Add tea leaves and when the liquid rises, switch off fuel.
- Strain the tea.
- Add honey.
Ginger tea bags also work, but again, they contain less ginger.
You can squeeze a lemon into the ginger tea for added benefit – I am already salivating thinking of it!
In addition to indigestion, ginger also eases and controls other digestive problems like nausea and vomiting.
Other than this, ginger also has several other benefits, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. Some of these are:
- Natural treatment for colds and flu
- Relief from heartburn
- Remedy for morning sickness
- Eases motion sickness
- Prevents colon cancer and ovarian cancer
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Relieves menstrual cramps
- Prevents diabetic neuropathy
- Including ginger in your diet rids you of body odor.
- Relieves migraine