It was there for him since his creation.
For months, for years, it kept working non-stop for him.
On some occasions it had to work harder than usual.
He, Mr. Jones was aware but could care less about it.
One fine day it decided to retire.
Time of death: 6:46pm.
Mr. Jones’s heart gave away.
This 55 fiction format story is written by Usha Amudan.
For more about 55 fiction click here
Some facts about CVD (Cardiovascular disease):
- CVDs are the number one cause of death globally: more people die annually from CVDs than from any other cause.
- Low- and middle-income countries are disproportionally affected: 82% of CVD deaths take place in low- and middle-income countries and occur almost equally in men and women.
- By 2030, almost 23.6 million people will die from CVDs, mainly from heart disease and stroke. These are projected to remain the single leading causes of death. The largest percentage increase will occur in the Eastern Mediterranean Region. The largest increase in number of deaths will occur in the South-East Asia Region.
- Cardiovascular disease in India has quadrupled in the last 40 years and WHO estimates that by 2020 close to 60 percent of cardiac patients worldwide will be Indian.
- The major causes of cardiovascular disease are tobacco use, physical inactivity, and an unhealthy diet.
“A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools” – ancient quote